Friday 22 May 2009

A mind full of ideas never rests.

Mine is one of them, there's no escape from it so I work to harness the spirals of ideas in my mind and bring them to life.
Working alone or together there is always something to created.

There are no limitations and the only resource is your own brain power.




"MINDFUL WANDERINGS" (triptich in oils)

The painting in the centre is a size of A1 square and the right and left hand paintings are rectangular A1 size. Inspiration for this piece from Chagall.

I made this triptitch as my first set of coursework for my AS level art and design sept. '08 feb. '09. The picture in the centre is a piece based on the feeling of being totally enveloped by a variety of emotions. The fire and the deformed hand in the bottom right represent being brought down by frustration, anger, and pain. The swirls in the top left (inspired by Van Gogh's 'Starry Night') represent the swirling motion of ideas and thoughts in my mind. The surrene skies depicted in the top right represent tranquility. The motion of her arm reaching towards this shows her desire to reach such a place without the fire dragging her down. The girl in the picture is based on photos of my friend Frankie. I exaggerated her hair in order to make her look more regal and in control of her surroundings.

The left hand painting depicts the feeling of being risen up by exhilaration and exhultation. I used fountains of water to represent the feeling this feeling. The fact she is walking on water portrays her self-confidence. This painting was based on photos of my friend Rosanna.
The painting on the right is also based on photos of my friend Frankie looking distressed. It depicts the feeling of being completely overwhelmed and trapped by stress and emotional pain.