Friday 5 June 2009

People seem to like seeing themselves in graphite











I seemed to have filled a gap in the market here. I have had a further 3 sales and 4 more requests. It's amazing, never thought it would happen.
I try to capture the character of the people I draw. To do this I have enlarged the eyes slightly in all of them as this particular feature is the most telling of someone's personality.
From the top down, James (my hairdresser and friend), Caroline (a great friend, casual model and fashionista, her blog can be accessed from mine), Christine (another amazing friend and photographer), Pip (Jess's sister, Jess being the slightly querky one at the bottom), then a self-portrait, Jess (my best friend... I swear we're related though she's basically as good as a sister).
Hopefully more to come.